Our trained mechanics in Warrington can meet all your tyre and brake requirements.
The team at CJ Auto Service Ltd (Warrington) is experienced in the fields of brake and tyre repair and replacement. Your brakes are vital to your safety out on the roads whilst your tyres are the only contact your car has with the road surface.
If you’re unsure whether your brakes are functioning correctly, consider the following questions carefully:
- Do your brakes feel spongy or low?
- Do your brakes emit a grinding noise which reverberates in the pedal itself?
- Do your brakes squeal when you stop?
- Does the vehicle have to travel too far to come to a stop?
- Does the vehicle pull to one side during braking?
- Does your brake pedal pulsate up and down when you stop?
- Does your steering wheel shake when braking?
If your answer to any of the above questions is ‘yes’, we recommend that you bring your vehicle in to CJ Auto Service Ltd. We will be able to diagnose the problem and offer our recommendations. We will never proceed without your express permission.
It’s essential that you never underestimate the importance of good tyres. You should make sure that you keep them in good condition and seek advice from specialists if you have a query.
Your tyres have 4 main functions:
- Support the weight of your car
- Absorb road shocks – increasing your comfort
- Transmit traction and braking forces
- Allow you to steer
Good tyres guarantee a safe and comfortable ride, whereas poor tyres reduce the performance of your car, increasing the stopping distance and the risk of skidding.
Underinflated tyres will increase fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and wear much faster, giving you less control. Overinflated tyres reduce grip, giving you less stable braking and less control. If you think something isn’t right, visit CJ Auto Service Ltd.
Furthermore, if you see signs of damage or cracks in the tyre wall, come visito our premises in Woolston, Warrington.
The depth of your tyre tread should be checked regularly – the limit is 1.6mm for normal tyres. If your tyres need repairing, replacing or inflating, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help. Tyre and brake checks are also include with MOT checks and vehicle servicing.